To replicate the beauty of nature, often the trick is not to be perfect and to draw freehand with irregularities. This design combines a freehand drawing of blues, iridescent pink and gold lines on a glossy white mirror effect to replicate the effect of the pearl.
To achieve this look, you'll need:
- I Go First gel polish
- The Perfect Coat gel polish
- Blanc de Blanc gel polish
- Pretty Ballerina gel polish
- Like an Epiphany gel polish
- Heart of the Ocean gel polish
- A River of Sparkles gel polish
- Give me The Pearl powder
- The Good Liner
- LED or UV nail lamp
- Basic kit (alcohol or cleaner to remove any trace of oil from your nails and clean your brush, paper towel or pad and a wooden cuticle stick to scrape off the gel in case you get over the edges)
The time indicated below is based on a 36W LED lamp. If you are using the mini That's a Cracker LED Lamp, the curing time is 3 minutes for light colour gels and 4 minutes for dark colour gels, I Go First gel and The Perfect Coat gel. Always read the instructions provided with your lamp before using. Your nails must be completely dry after the manicure is finished.
- Shape your nails and polish the surface with a soft file. Wash your hands to clean your nails. If necessary, gently push and trim the cuticles.
- Prepare your workshop in a comfortable and safe place with good light. Set up your lamp, apply a protection on your table or desk (such as a magazine or paper towel), and place your gel polishes, brush, and basic kit within easy reach of your working area. Sit comfortably and tie your hair back if necessary.
Let's get started!
- First, clean the surface of your nails with a small piece of paper towel or pad soaked in a little alcohol and keep it aside.
- Apply a thin layer of I Go First gel polish by starting at the tip and slowly moving towards the base of the nail. Carefully slide your hand under the LED lamp and cure for 20 seconds (1-2 minutes for UV lamp, 4 minutes for the Cracker lamp).
- Now apply a thin layer of Blanc de Blanc gel polish and cure for 20 seconds. Apply a second coat and cure again for 20 seconds (3 minutes for the Cracker lamp).
- Apply a coat of The Perfect Coat gel polish and cure for 30 seconds (1-2 minutes for UV lamp, 4 minutes for the Cracker lamp).
- Open the jar of Give me The Pearl powder, dip the small applicator supplied with it and with a tiny amount of powder, brush over the entire surface of the nail to obtain a shiny mirror effect. Then wipe off any powder residue with the back of the brush (Tip: A tiny quantity is required as the dust only sticks to the gel surface in a single layer).
- Reapply another coat of The Perfect Coat gel polish and cure for 30 seconds.
- Draw a visible drop of Pretty Ballerina gel polish on the right side of the nail and cure for 20 seconds.
- Now draw the tip of the drop with Like an Epiphany gel polish, then paint in the shape of a wave, 3/4 of the left corner, a small part of the upper right corner and the bottom of the nail. Take The Good Liner and add thin lines of Heart of the Ocean gel polish around the edges of the pattern (TIP: blend it a bit into the lighter colour to amplify the effect!). Cure for 30 seconds.
- Wipe off The Good Liner and outline each part of the design with a coat of A River of Sparkles gel polish. Cure 20 seconds. Repeat for a second coat and cure again for 20 seconds.
- Finish by applying a coat of The Perfect Coat gel polish starting at the tip and slowly moving towards the base of the nail. Finish by sealing the tip of the nail. Cure for 30 seconds. Touch the surface of your nails to check if it's completely dry, if not cure for another 30 seconds. This is a no wipe top coat, so your nails should be dry when finished (no need to rub with alcohol).
Enjoy your Lagoon Pearl Nail Art Design!
We hope you had fun 😃
- Tags: summer